CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 23, 2007

New Digital Devices

Think of examples where a digital device has replaced 2 or more tools you would have used in the past?
My PDA phone allows me to store appointments, word docs, e-Books like the Bible for church, search the Internet, access email, make calls, listen to music downloaded or via radio, take small videos and take photos. It does a lot of stuff. But I still have a digital camera, iPod and Digital handicam. Reason - the other stand alone stuff offers better quality.
Does the new device simply replace the old devices or does it do something new? I like the convenience of having stuff always with me.
How might these tools be used to support learning? The e-book feature on my phone PDA is an obvious one. The new iPod touch also has Internet access and can store podcasts and e-Books too. I think that I could really used Podcasting in the future in my class as all of my students have an iPod. I will definitely look into this.

0 comments: